Career Opportunities in Blockchain and The Top Jobs You Need to Know
Blockchain expertise is one of the fastest-growing skills and demand for blockchain professionals is picking up momentum in the USA. Since crypto-currencies are doing well for the last few years and many investors are looking at investing in them, the demand for blockchain engineers is growing. Blockchain technology certifications have become very popular in the last few years.
The Growing Demands for Blockchain Specialists
Demand for Blockchain professionals is increasing and blockchain technology certifications are quite popular courses in institutes and universities. Globally, according to Glassdoor, the demand for blockchain professionals grew by 300% in 2019 as compared to 2018 and this increase is expected to grow in the years to come.
With the arrival of cryptocurrencies, this disruptive technology called blockchain became a hot-cake in the IT world. It is estimated that by 2023, $15.9 billion would have been invested in blockchain solutions worldwide. Now to attract that kind of investment, there should be an ample number of blockchains.
The food and agriculture industry and many other industries are developing solutions based on blockchain technology. With the rising focus on digital transformation, this technology is set to enter many other industries beyond the financial sector.
The Top Blockchain Jobs you Need to Know About
• Blockchain Quality Engineer- In the Blockchain world, a blockchain engineer assures that the quality assurance is in place and the testing before releasing the product is done thoroughly. Since spikes in buying and selling trends in a day are common in the blockchain industry, the platforms need to be robust to take the load.
• Blockchain Project Managers- Blockchain project managers mostly come from a development background of C, C++, Java and they possess excellent communication skills. They need to have hands-on experience as a traditional (cloud) project manager. If they understand the complete software development life-cycle (SDLC) of the blockchain world, they can get a highly paid job in the market.
• Blockchain Solution Architect- The Blockchain Solution Architect is responsible for designing, assigning, connecting, and hand-holding in implementing all the blockchain solution components with the team experts. The blockchain developers, network administrators, blockchain engineers, UX designers, and IT Operations need to work in tandem as per the SDLC plan and execute the blockchain solution.
• Blockchain Legal Consultant- Since blockchains in the financial sector involves the exchange of money in the form of crypto-currencies; it is obvious that there will be a lot of litigation and abnormalities. Since these currencies operate in peer-to-peer networks and Governments have very limited visibility to the transactions, there will be a lot of fraudulent activities, money-laundering cases which will happen through them. Hence there will always be demand for blockchain legal consultants, as it is a new field. It needs an in-depth understanding of the technology and how the financial world revolves around it.
Top companies hiring blockchain professionals
• IBM- They hire blockchain developers, blockchain solution architects across the globe in their offices.
• Topal- This is a great platform for freelance blockchain engineers and developers to select their projects and do them from any part of the globe. There are many fortune 500 companies that are exploring the options of hiring freelance blockchain developers.
• Gemini Trust Company, LLC- New York, USA
• Circle Internet Financial Limited- Boston, Massachusetts, USA
• Coinbase Global Inc. – No headquarter
Top Blockchain Certifications for Professionals in 2021
• CBCA certifications (Business Blockchain Professional, Certified Blockchain Engineer)
• Certified Blockchain Expert courses from IvanOnTech are quite economical and ideal for beginners.
• Blockchain Certification Course (CBP) — EC Council (International Council of E-Commerce Consultants)